Welcome to Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church Towerhill Kirkby Liverpool
Our address is:
Telephone number 0151 5484644
The first Mass of Sunday is on Saturday evening at 6pm
Sunday morning Mass is at 11.30am
For times of weekday Masses or Services please see Newsletter section.
Parish Priest: Fr. Dave Nixon MSC
CAUTIOUS RE-OPENING of CHURCHES for PUBLIC WORSHIP:
Public Masses will resume at Sts Peter and Paul Church on Tuesday July 14th at 10:am. PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO OBLIGATION TO ATTEND MASS AND THOSE ADVISED TO CONTINUE SHIELDING, DUE TO AGE OR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, SHOULD FOLLOW THE ADVICE. IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO ATTEND MASS, PLEASE COME ON ONE OF THE WEEKDAYS IF YOU CAN, SO AS TO LEAVE SPACE AT THE WEEKEND MASSES
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- YOU SHOULD STAY AT HOME IF YOU ARE UNWELL. PEOPLE WHO ARE VULNERABLE OR WHO FEEL UNSURE ABOUT RETURNING TO MASS NEED TO CONSIDER THE WISDOM OF DOING SO.
- REMEMBER THE SUNDAY OBLIGATION HAS NOT BEEN REINSTATED AND LIVE STREAMING OF MASSES WILL CONTINUE.
- YOU WILL NEED TO BRING YOUR OWN FACE COVERING. ALL PEOPLE ENTERING CHURCH MUST WEAR A FACE COVERING ALL TIMES.
- YOU SHOULD AVOID BRINGING ANY UNNECESSARY ITEMS INTO CHURCH, E.G.SHOPPING BAGS, AS YOU WILL NOT BE RETURNING TO YOUR SEAT ONCE YOU HAVE RECEIVED HOLY COMMUNION.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
You will be welcomed by a volunteer steward and you my be asked to give your contact details.
You will be directed to the hand sanitiser.
You will be directed to a bench . it may not be where you usually sit.
You must adhere to social distancing guidelines in place.
Any children accompanying you must do the same.
Basket will be available at the entrance (and exit)for your weekly envelopes or other contributions.
Toilets will remain closed at all times except for genuine emergency.
The piety stall will be closed.
- There will be no Sign of Peace
- There will be no singing
- Will be distributed after final dismissal of the Mass.
- The words “The Body of Christ” and the reply “Amen” will only be said once at the beginning of distribution they will not to be repeated for each person receiving Holy Communion.
- The volunteer stewards will direct you to approach the alter to receive Holy Communion.
- People receiving communion will be instructed to approach the alter with their arms out stretched so as to maintain a reasonable distance from the minister
- you may only receive the Sacred Host in your hand and not on your tongue .
- Communion must avoid skin to skin contact with the minister’s hands.
You must then step to one side, lower your face covering and place the Sacred Host in your mouth then follow directions to leave the church immediately.
- Please take home any newsletters, mass sheets and other papers you may use
- Use only the designated exit.
- Please do not gather in the church porch or on church property for conversation.
- Continue to wear your face covering until you leave the area where other people are.