ALL PARISH CONTACT DETAILS ON HOME PAGE.
9th May 2021 6th Sunday of Easter
Joseph McGowan (S/I) Ann Doyle (B/R)
Ann and Alfie Drew (S/I) Linda Crossland (L/D)
Monday Nancy Griffin (S/I)
TUESDAY 10am Bert Farquar (L/D) Margaret Ward (S/I)
THURSDAY ASCENSION 10am People of the Parish
SATURDAY 6pm Susan taylor (S/I) Sr.Mary Bernadette (ANNIV.)
SUNDAY 11:30pm Ann THompson (ANNIV.) Vinny McKuen (S/I)
We remember in Sacred Hour prayers all who have died recently, especially Margaret McCabe and all whose anniversaries occur about this time. ,
MAY THEY REST IN PEACE .AMEN
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE FOLLOWING PARISHIONERS:
All those who are sick and House-Bound and especially those who are grieving [God Bless you All]
THIS COMING WEEK THE CHURCH WILL REMAIN CLOSED , EXCEPT FOR FUNERAL SERVICES HOW EVER PUBLIC MASSES HAVE RESUMED AT SAINTS PETER AND PAUL BEGINNING AT 6pm ON SATURDAY MARCH 13th IN ORDER FOR THIS TO HAPPEN, CLEANING AND PREPARATION OF THE CHURCH WILL TAKE PLACE ON THURSDAY MARCH THE 11th AT 6pm THIS WILL ALSO BE AN OPPORTUNITY TO ORGANISE VOLUNTEERS TO ACT AS STEWARDS AT THE WEEKEND MASSES WITHOUT PARISHIONERS WHO ARE ABLE AND WILLING TO VOLUNTEER WE WILL BE UNABLE TO OPEN SAFELY IF YOU WISH TO VOLUNTEER TO HELP WE WILL BE UNABLE TO OPEN THE SAFELY, IFYOU WISH TO VOLUNTEER TO HELP WITH STEWARDING BUT CANNOT COME ON MARCH THE 11th, PLEASE CONTACT THE THE PARISH OFFICE. THANK YOU
THERE IS NO OBLIGATION TO ATTEND MASS AND THOSE ADVISED TO CONTINUE SHIELDING, DUE TO AGE OR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, SHOULD FOLLOW THE ADVICE. IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO ATTEND MASS, PLEASE COME ON ONE OF THE WEEKDAYS IF YOU CAN, SO AS TO LEAVE SPACE AT THE WEEKEND MASSES
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- YOU SHOULD STAY AT HOME IF YOU ARE UNWELL. PEOPLE WHO ARE VULNERABLE OR WHO FEEL UNSURE ABOUT RETURNING TO MASS NEED TO CONSIDER THE WISDOM OF DOING SO.
- REMEMBER THE SUNDAY OBLIGATION HAS NOT BEEN REINSTATED AND LIVE STREAMING OF MASSES WILL CONTINUE.
- YOU WILL NEED TO BRING YOUR OWN FACE COVERING. ALL PEOPLE ENTERING CHURCH MUST WEAR A FACE COVERING ALL TIMES.
- YOU SHOULD AVOID BRINGING ANY UNNECESSARY ITEMS INTO CHURCH, E.G.SHOPPING BAGS, AS YOU WILL NOT BE RETURNING TO YOUR SEAT ONCE YOU HAVE RECEIVED HOLY COMMUNION.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- You will be welcomed by a volunteer steward and you my be asked to give your contact details.
- You will be directed to the hand sanitiser.
- You will be directed to a bench . it may not be where you usually sit.
- You must adhere to social distancing guidelines in place.
- Any children accompanying you must do the same.
- Basket will be available at the entrance (and exit)for your weekly envelopes or other contributions.
- Toilets will remain closed at all times except for genuine emergency.
- The piety stall will be closed.
- There will be no Sign of Peace
- There will be no singing
- Will be distributed after final dismissal of the Mass.
- The words “The Body of Christ” and the reply “Amen” will only be said once at the beginning of distribution they will not to be repeated for each person receiving Holy Communion.
- The volunteer stewards will direct you to approach the alter to receive Holy Communion.
- People receiving communion will be instructed to approach the alter with their arms out stretched so as to maintain a reasonable distance from the minister
- you may only receive the Sacred Host in your hand and not on your tongue .
- Communion must avoid skin to skin contact with the minister’s hands.
You must then step to one side, lower your face covering and place the Sacred Host in your mouth then follow directions to leave the church immediately.